Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Going Barefoot

I have really slacked on blogging lately.  I'm sure all 5 of my readers have been VERY disappointed.

Anywho, I read an interesting article on barefoot running the other day.  Here is the link. 

While I think that the study had some limitations (I'm too lazy to go into everything right now), it is still thought provoking and it reinforces the fact that there is always new research being done and that we should always be open minded to different viewpoints- for everything in life.

This study definitely did not change the fact that I am a proponent of minimalist running-maybe I will dedicate a whole post to it at some point-and my running has benefited greatly from it.  But I am not about to run around Camarillo completely barefoot.  That would just be ridiculous and dangerous and I would probably get Tetanus.  I do still want to buy some Vibrams though.

Not my pic. I know they look weird and I will get made fun of.


Until I purchase some of those, my new Nike Frees will have to do.

Yay!

I'm thinking of starting some sort of running blog... Don't know what the set up would be or when it would actually happen, but I would love to post articles, give advice, start discussions, etc.  

Heading out for a run!

1 comment:

  1. Wish those darn things fit my Fred Flintstone feet. I would so wear them.

    I told you that you should start a running blog. in your spare time, don't you know?

    And, why haven't you returned your mothers call?

    Love you.

    ReplyDelete