Thursday, February 16, 2012

Love Note

It's 12:26 am (0026 in nursing time) and I have a midterm tomorrow!  Why am I not studying, you ask? 

Well, I had clinical from 1-8, showered, studied for a little while, watched Top Chef, studied for a little longer... and now I'm over it.

I'm mostly over it because this teacher is a real (insert choice of not-nice names) and I think it was so mean of her to give the test on a Thursday, when half of the class has clinical on Wednesday and Thursday.  I'm just too fried to focus on studying.  Now I'm overtired and wouldn't be able to fall asleep right now.  So, I'm doing this post and then going to bed.  Did I mention I"m leaving for class at 8 am?  Should be a spectacular day.

Alright I'm done with that.  On to Valentine's Day.

We've never really done much for Valentine's Day.  We've never gone out to dinner.  We did gifts the first couple of years (Matt got me some really cute heart earrings once), but not anymore.  I did have a feeling that some sort of decoration would be waiting for me when I got back from picking up my patients for clinical.

 I was right!


We went over to my parents' house to drop off some goodies, then headed over to Coffee Bean (it was buy one get one free!) so I could work on my care plan.

 Two of my favorite things!


Matt was in charge of dinner.  He made a marinated pork loin from TJ's, mashed potatoes (his first time ever making them) and some sauteed zucchini and squash.  It was delish!

 The photograph doesn't really show the deliciousness


I was in charge of dessert.  I made these mini heart cheesecakes the day before, but they kind of failed.  I added some red food coloring to make them pink...  I didn't want to go overboard, and I didn't add enough and they ended up coming out kind of orange.  Also, I baked them WAY longer than it said to, because they just wouldn't cook through.  They still fell!  I just put some strawberries on top and called it a day. They tasted super yummy at least and my Valentine liked them.

 Cheesecake for a cheesy holiday.


I suppose I should study a little longer.  Really really looking forward to tomorrow.  Really.

1 comment:

  1. That Matthew, hes is a keeper, isn't he?

    As for the test, some mom I am, forgot about it all together.I am sure you aced it!

    Love you.

    ReplyDelete