Monday, January 30, 2012

Since I last blogged...

1.  I got an A on the first test of NS30.  Woot woot! 

2.  I went on a date.  We had a gift card to Muvico and Matt signed up for a newsletter so we could get a free popcorn.  He also signed up for a newsletter to get $5 off at CPK... every dollar counts when you're poor!

 Not a very good pic, but whatever.

3.  I found out how to wear white in winter (thanks Today Show) and wore it on said date.

4.  I played bocce ball and had "adult rootbeer floats" with friends.  I was too busy having fun to take pictures. In case you're wondering, an adult rootbeer float has a splash of Kahlua in it.  It is so delicious.

5.  I saw family members I haven't seen in 3 years.  Surprisingly, it wasn't even awkward.

6.  I made zucchini bread using this recipe (with some healthy tweaks), vegetable soup using this recipe (without mushrooms, ew), and some pasta (from Giada's book... can't find it online) and Caesar salad with homemade croutons.  All were yummy.

 So good.
7.  I took care of a couple awesome patients who had the best attitudes.  One was a woman who had a total shoulder replacement and she and her husband have done multiple marathons.  The other was a sweet 82 year old who had a left side mastectomy and joked that her new nickname should be "Lefty."  She also asked me how my day was going every time I walked into the room.  So refreshing.

8.  I signed up for the Pasadena Marathon.  And Matt signed up, too!
 
9.  I passed a math test and now I am allowed to give IV push and IV piggy-back meds.  Like a real nurse.

10.  I ran 8 miles with Matt and his long legs at a 9:12 pace.

4 comments:

  1. So basically you're killin it. I am now dying for an adult rootbeer float. Also this made me miss you guys a lot. let's talk soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are amazing my first born child. Well, all except not sharing about the adult rootbeer floats and all. I need to try those for sure.

    Love you and am so proud of you. As always.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jess, people may think I have jaundice from that pic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya, I was so distracted and disturbed by your glaring jaundice issue, Matt. I couldn't focus on anything else!

      Delete